Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Learning plan approved..

My learning plan was approved a couple of days ago. I'm going to be working on one KA (Knowledge Area) during my first trimester with Fielding. The course I'm going with first i ELC-571: Action-Oriented Research. My topic for research is how fun (engagement) is measured in an online course. Towards that end I will first study the topic of action-research itself: its foundational theories, modes of inquiry, and best practices.

From there I'll develop an action-research plan that looks into measuring efficacy. Three things I think that influence the online learning experience include socialization, engagement, and media; for the purposes of this study media includes the instructional content and how it is presented as well as video, audio, animation and interactivity.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment