Monday, April 20, 2015

High Hopes

PROLOGUE

“Next time you’re found, with your chin on the ground

there’s a lot to be learned, so look around.” — High Hopes by J. Van Heusen and Sammy Cahn

HIGH HOPES

AprilBlogaDay Day 20.. What am I working on? Designing a learning experience that looks a lot like a workshop that a bunch (say around 50 people) can work on and complete in no more than 40 minutes. Oh, and the activity will be written on the fly given that I don’t know who will actually be in the room with me.

What I’m afraid I’ll end up with is something that looks like this tractor (I think that’s what it is) that I came across a while back in Texas.

EPILOGUE

I’m trying to get better at designing learning activities that are grounded in the interests of whatever learners are in the room with me. I have high hopes that I’ll get there.





1 comment:

  1. Urbie,
    I love that tractor! I'm sure it's been pieced together to do a job, high clearance for some crop. Lots of arms that pull out and do something important! It just looks funny to those of us who don't know what to do with it.

    Like your workshop may look a bit messy, but it will be just what your learners need!

    That High Hopes song was awesome. I've heard it before, but I forgot all about it. I like the quote.

    How did your workshop go? I hope you'll write about it!

    Warmly,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete